Hair health is equally important as your skin health and requires equal attention and care like skin and body. Hair health deteriorates day by day due to pollution, grim, and humidity. It is the reason your hair requires extra care & concern. Sometimes our lazy attitude is also a reason that stops us to - take care of our hair. But there are small steps we can add to our daily routine to maintain healthy beautiful hair.
Here we have enlisted a few of those steps which can do wonders for your hair. Along with all the concerns - it is also important to follow a healthy diet plan.
Keeping your hair clean and clear is the primary step towards good hair health. You need to add the correct shampoo irrespective of your scalp & hair quality & texture to wash it regularly. Always wash your hair properly, don't leave it greasy or dirty for long as it affects your strands adversely. A Pre-shampoo routine also plays an important role to support your hair health, do not leave the oil for more than nine hours. Select your shampoo wisely that depends on your hair concerns like dry hair, dandruff, oily scalp, frizzy hair, greying hair, or hair fall. Avoid washing your hair with hot water as it drains out natural oil & moisture from your hair.
- If you own oily scalp and greasy hair - you need to wash your hair frequently as oily hair is more prone to grim and dirt. The dust easily sticks to the oily scalp and forms a dirty layer that harms the hair from root to tip. Whenever you feel oily and sticky - do wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
- If your hair is dry and frizzy- avoid washing your hair with a harsh shampoo. Do not wash your hair more often as it strips the natural moisture that your hair is already lacking. Always follow a pre-shampoo routine.
- If you are facing problems like dandruff and hair fall - buy a shampoo that is recommended for the related issues. Follow the steps mentioned on the bottle or the pack of the shampoo.
- Use the same brand of conditioner as shampoo - this will help your hair retain the natural shine and texture.
Try to read out every detail mentioned on the shampoo bottle - sulfate, paraben, and artificial are present in most hair care products - excessive use deteriorates your hair health. Nowadays, there are several products available with natural oil, no preservatives, and natural color. For treated hair or colored hair - it is important to add the products wisely to your cart.
Just like cleaning your hair with a good shampoo, it is equally foremost to condition your hair after shampoo. Conditioning your hair helps retain the natural dampness and smooth texture of your hair. It is overriding to apply the conditioner from root to tip direction with the help of both the palms.
- If you have dry, dull, and itchy scalp - never skip conditioning your hair as shampooing will wash off the natural oil along with the dust & grim. The conditioner helps to lock in the natural moisture and keeps your root hydrated.
- If you have an oily scalp, you can skip your post shampoo - conditioning routine. Skipping your conditioner is not a great idea because natural oils are not enough to keep your locks lustrous and healthy.
- If you are not at all interested to add a conditioner to your hair care routine - replace it with natural ingredients easily found in your kitchen - like curd, egg, mashed banana, vinegar, honey, avocado, etc are the good conditioner for hair. You just need to apply a smooth paste an hour before - and wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- Start washing your hair with warm water that opens up the clogged pores and helps remove stubborn dirt particles. Finish off washing your hair with the normal water that closes the open pores. Always clear all the conditioner residues properly with the help of water.
Massage Your Hair
There are a number of oils available in the market that do wonders for your hair - massaging oil helps nourish your roots and the natural minerals reach the outer layer of the scalp. You can choose an oil to apply at least two hours before washing your hair. After massaging with oil - tie a warm water wet towel around your head that will open the clogged pores and help minerals reach your roots. You can choose any of the enlisted oils:
Onion Oil: Onion Hair Oil helps you fight this many hair problems. Onion Oil is rich in Sulphur, Potassium, and antioxidants, reduces hair fall, and hastens hair regrowth. One of the newest constituents in hair regrowth, Redensyl helps unblock hair follicles and also boosts new hair growth. Good for colored and chemically treated hair.
Olive Oil: Olive oil is in use for hair care for thousands of years, claiming it adds shine, body, softness, and resilience. But as per the new research on the effect of olive oil - shows that it can have a major moisturizing effect on hair. Olive oil helps add softness and strengthen hair by penetrating the hair shaft and preserving the natural moisture.
Almond Oil: Almond oil act as a great nourishing oil that can soften, smoothen and strengthen your tresses. It is rich in vitamin B-7, or biotin, so almond oil helps to keep hair and nails healthy and strong. The almond oil helps protect your hair against sun damage due to its own SPF 5. You can use almond oil for scalp treatment.
Coconut Oil: Cold pressed coconut oil helps reduce protein loss and locks the natural shine and healthy texture to your hair. Coconut oil is made up of the chain of lauric acid. This gives coconut oil a long, straight structure, which is more easily absorbed deep into the hair shaft and keeps your hair healthy and beautiful.
Different Hair Treatments
Having a good hair care routine can maintain healthy hair & scalp but at times following the above are not enough to keep your tresses stress-free. For which you need to take special treatment or use different products to keep your hair healthy.
- If you heat, straight, curl, or blow-dry your hair regularly - use a heat protectant spray or lotion before use of any tool. These will form a layer over your hair and help overcome the damage.
- We agree that color to the single strand can change your entire look- coloring your hair can harm it if not taken care of properly. Avoid changing your hair color more often. Use the products which are recommended for colored hair.
- There are hair treatments available that are recommended for dull, dry, treated, and colored hair like - Keratin_Treatment, hair spa, head massage. You can book a hair treatment session at home with Glamcode Premium Home Salon for head massage, keratin treatment, or hair spa.
Along with all the care and treatments, add a good diet plan to your routine. Healthy food plays an important role to maintain overall hair health.